- Honest ― Display sincerity, integrity, and candor in all your actions. Deceptive behavior will not inspire trust.
- Competent ― Base your actions on reason and moral principles. Do not make decisions based on childlike emotional desires or feelings.
- Forward-looking ― Set goals and have a vision of the future. The vision must be owned throughout the organization. Effective leaders envision what they want and how to get it. They habitually pick priorities stemming from their basic values.
- Inspiring ― Display confidence in all that you do. By showing endurance in mental, physical, and spiritual stamina, you will inspire others to reach for new heights. Take charge when necessary.
- Intelligent ― Read, study, and seek challenging assignments.
- Fair-minded ― Show fair treatment to all people. Prejudice is the enemy of justice. Display empathy by being sensitive to the feelings, values, interests, and well-being of others.
- Broad-minded ― Seek out diversity.
- Courageous ― Have the perseverance to accomplish a goal, regardless of the seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Display a confident calmness when under stress.
- Straightforward ― Use sound judgment to make a good decisions at the right time.
- Imaginative ― Make timely and appropriate changes in your thinking, plans, and methods. Show creativity by thinking of new and better goals, ideas, and solutions to problems. Be innovative!
A good leader thinks well in stressful situations and not panic. He would then think of possible solutions to help himself and the others calmly. He also would ask everyone to remain calm.